Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dreaming for a new room

As stated above, I am currently dreaming for a new room. I seriously hope to shift to a bigger house where I can have my own room. In this case, I do not need to share a room with my grandmother. I am not going to say anything bad or what but my granny is very sensitive, in case any of you read this and knows my grandmother, please keep it to yourself. I am just mere complaining. Or before you want to read this, don't read it.


My grandmother she is kind of bias but sad enough I am the only girl so it is kind of awkward to share a room with both my brothers. In the end I have been sharing room with her for 6 years. I always know that she feel I have invaded her room and she expresses it in an obvious manner every time. Originally before I shifted to my grandmother's room, I slept in my parents' room. Then I felt that I did not want to share a room with them any longer as I did not enjoy sleeping on the floor, I wanted a bed. So my dad agreed and went to IKEA and bought me a double-deck bed with my bed at the top and my table beneath. Maybe you would know that IKEA's furniture are not lasting so when I was sleeping, my bed sway from side to side as though like an earthquake. Every night I would wake up at least twice and felt super tired. Oh yes! There was once there was a real minor earthquake and my dining lamp was swaying from side to side but I was sound asleep. I guess that is because I was too tired that I didn't wake up because of that bed. This lousy bed caused me to have sleepless night for 4 years that I went back sleeping on the floor again.


Another reason I felt uncomfortable is because my grandmother always think that my table is messy so I could not put my books on the table. She seriously have high expectations to cleanliness. In addition to that she slept at 8pm or 9pm so that table is seriously useless and I did not really use it except in the morning before I go to school. When I was preparing for my 'O's, I seriously felt that she was unhappy as I would turn on the lamp. However she had no choice but to understand that study is important. After my 'O's, I try to be understanding so if I happen to leave my things on my table, I would have to use a torchlight and shine in the dark to find my things. In the end, she got me a better torchlight as my torch-lights always break down.  


Until recently! I got my new bed! I was super happy! Actually when I was working at the previous firm, I would always look out for a better bed for myself. Then I finally found a bed that could have storage underneath so I would not have to invade my grandmother's space. I was thinking this would be a good idea and my dad expressed great agreement to what I have said. Therefore he went to find the bed for me. Thanks to my dad, he caused a chill that went down my spine. He said that he wanted to buy a new bed for my grandmother too but from my point of view, old people tend to like the original stuff they have. Seriously after the bed came, my grandmother did express her unhappiness.

My dad also mentioned that he wanted to paint the room as there were crack lines on the wall and it resulted to renovating the room. How did it get there? I seriously did not know as I just followed along with my dad's opinion. My grandmother as what I understand was even frustrated as the maid did most of the cleaning and she was busy packing her stuff. Life was seriously tough for her at that time and her granddaughter who shared a room with her do not enjoy cleaning. Ok I admit I did not help out... the maid did most of the things, I only packed my own stuff. Then finally the renovation was done and my dad did another shocking thing. He asked my grandmother to throw away her precious table and decided to make her a new one. My grandmother eyes nearly killed me with one stare. That was seriously scary and I did persuade my dad not to change but my dad did not listen. Oh my god...



All along my mum wanted to shift my clothes over to my grandmother's room as they wanted to renovate the study room for both my brothers. There wasn't enough space to put another bed that is why one of my brother is still sleeping on the floor. After the renovation, my mum wanted to shift my clothes to my grandmother's closet. There are 2 closets so my mum thought that it would be okay to use up one when originally my grandmother used that to put my brothers' unwanted clothes. My mother seriously find it weird to put my brothers' clothes there but again! My soul nearly flew away when she mentioned to my grandmother about replacing my brothers' clothes with my clothes. My grandmother was unhappy again. So right after the renovation, she put all her unwanted stuff in that closet.

During the period of time when she went back to Malaysia, my mum constantly asked me to shift my clothes to that closet. In the end, my maid shifted it under my mum's instruction, not mine ok. When my grandmother came back and saw my clothes, not to mention she was once again super duper unhappy. In addition to that, she complained that she is too old to push up the bed and put storage underneath her bed and the cabinet is too high for her. Apparently my parents got tired of this and used up all the other left over spaces for their books and my brother's army stuff. This action of theirs seriously was adding fuel to the fire, no... the volcano. I did not want to look at her eyes or talk to her for a few days as that was scary. Until one day when I received my pay I gave her $50 as what my mum suggested. I came out from hell but she still left some of her stuff in the closet.

After this incident, she is now is Malaysia again shifting to her new house and busy with the renovation works there.


Bye! Why do I feel so tired after writing this post, this seriously is making me nervous when typing this. Read and forget people.

MY VIDEO!