Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dreams

Is having a dream really that important? I personally think that sometimes reality tend to swallow your so call "dream" but that does not mean that you should not have one. A person who do not know what they really want in life is really a torture. I have been through a period of them where I do not know what I really want and aimlessly wander everywhere in life. I call it the sense of insecurity. I wonder if you have envy people who has a goal in life too? I do.

My parents always say that reality is more important. True enough but I also heard people talking about how important dreams are, many talks about "dream" and "dare to dream" so on and on. Come to think of it, people who adhere to their dreams tend to have courage. However that does not equal to success. Planning is the most important step to do when you are carrying out your own dream, I guess.

How about you? Do you have a dream?
If you ask me, I just want to keep on improving on my songs and share it with more and more people. That is my dream and interest now.

I used to be greedy, thinking that I'm some super girl who can succeed in everything, regardless in school, music, social circle, family matters... In the end, I realized that I am no where closer to my own expectations which stressed me out. I look at myself and realized that I am wrong. Due to many things that I do not even need and cling on, I have missed out the interesting stories and details along the way. Maybe I am born in a city, the living pace is so quick that I am always comparing myself with other people. So don't be greedy, take it easy and you will realize something different.

My point of view start to change when I came across this video, I cannot remember the details about this video but I am just going to share with you some tips on how to find your own dream if you are lost or something, at the same time flip through what I wrote in my diary. Oh yes, before I wrote this blog, I own 2 diaries since secondary school. It is a way to express my happiness and unhappiness by writing down. I seriously encourage people to write diaries or blog, if you keep too many stuffs inside your heart it is terrible isn't it?

Here it goes:

1) Goals & Dreams
- Compose songs of my own style and become a musician that would be recorded in the history. (Like LOL)
- Learn to sing well (Seriously, my singing has improved as compared to the past)
- Be famous in websites like youtube (Ok I have a long way to go)

etc etc ...

After stating my dreams, next I sort out:

a) Really Important  
- Compose songs that are of my own style (Date: 1/6/2010) Expired already but I have written Eternal Sleep and I am happy with it.
- Sing extremely well (1/12/2010)
This reminds me that when I started to write a song, I am super happy with the outcome as I played it using my piano. However, when I started singing, I was super upset and asked myself why is it so disgusting. So singing became one of my goal.
- Play my piano well (1/12/2010)

b) Not Nessasary, a want
- Play my violin well (31/12/2010)

c) Would be nice but I don't have to have it
- Get good grades (Polytechnic)

Then I state the reason why (every of the goals you have wrote)

Example to how you write it

Compose songs that are of my own style
- I love composing
- I want people to appreciate them
- It helps me to express my mood
- It makes me feel happy and alive (Ok, what is this? I can't believe I wrote this)

 Next:
Daily basis (7 days)
- Play piano
- Play violin

It seems that I did not adhere to the daily basis. I only play them once a week. Oh no, better not let my teachers know as they always remind to play everyday and I replied :"OK"

You can give it a try and write it in your diary or blog! Hope you will find your own goals and dreams and walk forward to it and look forward to my next post!

MY VIDEO!